Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: I take it back

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    I take it back


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEMM:IID

    this guy is ten times worse.

    I emailed him to tell him it's not wood- he said thanks and left the auction the same.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    .

    I wouldn't bother with these people.I just heard over the radio that a city by law on outdoor concerts will be adopted. The contactors will have to have their rigs aproved by a city engineer for safety for hearing and riging safety.

    That's going to put a lo of "amateur" out of business.

    .....................

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    is this the guy in question?

    headupass

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Schell's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That version of the H-808 horn was cast from some sort of plastic, probably a foamed urethane; no wood whatsoever except for the sled. They were fragile even when new; these words are from the 1947 Altec service literature:

    "Note- the H-808B horn is made of plastic- use reasonable care in handling."

    These horns were cast in two identical pieces that were ground flat and glued together. There is a rare version of aluminum H-808 that appears to have been cast from the same molds and assembled the same way. Most of the aluminum ones have flanges at throat and mouth and use hardware to hold the two halves together.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    bowtie427ss

    is this the guy in question?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That won't be allowed on stage.In the past 1 1/2 year we had 3 performers fall of stage resulting in multiple fractures.

    The only safety net will be to have foot lights
    on stage.

    ....................

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    I take it back


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Steve Schell:
    That version of the H-808 horn was cast from some sort of plastic, probably a foamed urethane; no wood whatsoever except for the sled.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My understanding was foamed urethane too.

    A funny thing? I have only seen two pairs of aluminum 808's. Both were the two piece versions. go figger.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member
    I take it back


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I meant the versions glued or welded together. my post didn't make sense to me once I saw it in print. forums

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I tried helping a seller out some time ago..... he had a 418, listed as a 41B. Okay, honest mistake, especially if the sellers eyes are older, I think to myself. Nope, he was just dumb. If I recall correctly, he did thank me, but didn't change the auction, then re-listed it (twice, i think), with the same mistake!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.